Yay summer! We’ve been going outside every weekend and I love it especially when thinking about this year’s miserable winter! There is so much more to do in summer.
I like to make a list of the stuff we want to do in the summer, or generally when it is nice outside, which luckily does tend to last into October or November. Some things we do every year, some things we’ve wanted to do and never been able to.
In no particular order:
1. Get ice cream at the Union Terrace.
2. Walk the Lakeshore Path.
3. See a Mallards game (we’re hoping to do this for Father’s Day!).
4. Make several trips to the Saturday Farmer’s Market. We still haven’t gotten there this year! And I’ve been missing my cheese curds since I’m not working downtown this summer.
5. Go swimming. We didn’t swim last summer because Peyton was too small. This year we will!
6. Take a train ride at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum.
7. Check out a Betty Lou cruise.
8. Take a MSCR pontoon boat ride… we need to do this because my temporary office is right next to Tenney Park, one of the places they have the boat rides!
9. Go to a Brewers game. Its been a few years since we’ve been to Miller Park.
10. Take a trip to Milwaukee. Discovery World is a favorite destination.
11. Take a trip to see the Dursos.
12. Go to the dream park.
13. Buy Allie a real bike with training wheels (and maybe bikes for the rest of us?)
14. Take a trip to Devil’s Lake State Park. We won’t be able to hike the big bluffs with two kids, but there’s still plenty of other stuff to do there.